List of Columbia Startup Lab Winners
- Board Rounds, a transitional care management service for hospitals, guarantees prompt, post-discharge primary care physician follow-up for patients and manages appointment and transportation scheduling.
- Rawr Denim, a one-stop web resource devoted to the men’s raw denim market, with information on trends, industry news, and where to buy it.
- Longneck & Thunderfoot builds tools to effectively communicate the life time value of owned media for brands and has developed bespoke, integrated marketing strategies for clients in many verticals.
- Good Food Project promotes a better food system through an engaged community of innovators via networking, online and offline education, and building a community of passionate food entrepreneurs.
- Shareswell, a secure online platform for gifting stock. Customers can register for and create an ideal stock portfolio, and friends and family can gift stock or cash into the customer’s brokerage account.
- Seamless Semiconductors, the developer of a proprietary “switched-mode analog signal processing” technology that enables the design of innovative, high-performance, digital-oriented mixed-signal circuits in highly scaled CMOS processes, to help provide the tools to optimize performance of electronics from mobile phones to digital TVs.
- Chouxbox, provides cost intelligence for restaurants, with a simple way for restaurant operators to keep track of costs, reduce redundant data entry, and provide analytics.
- Augary makes a patent-pending navigation software that enables automakers, OEMs, and mapping providers to create immersive and compelling user interfaces for navigation through head-up displays and other augmented reality devices. Augury’s flagship software suite processes camera input in real time to provide safety features.
- WordsEye is a proprietary technology and social media tool that allows users to create 3D scenes from simple natural language descriptions. Unlike other tools that produce visual content, Wordseye allows users to create and share original graphical content without having to take a photograph or use pre-defined visual templates.
Columbia in the Headlines
New York Daily News, Aug 14
Digital Camera kit puts science, engineering, photography at kids' fingertips
The Daily Beast, Aug 7
John McWhorter: For a President Today, Talkin' Down Is Speaking American
The New York Times, Aug 5
Plato and the Promise of College
The Washington Post, Aug 4
Andrew Gelman: Modern polling needs innovation, not traditionalism
The New York Times, Aug 3
Ruth Padawer: The Kids Who Beat Autism