You are here
Mail: 402 Low Library, MC 4321
Studio: 420 W. 116th St., Apt. 1A
New York, NY 10027
The University Photographer is the primary vendor/supplier to the University. However, in some instances, she may assign an authorized freelance photographer to a project. Rates and billing procedures for freelance photographers remain the same. In some cases, an additional charge will be incurred depending on the location of the event.
- Public Relations/Event Photography
- Stock File Photos: Columbia Creative and the University Photographer have combined their resources on a website containing hundreds of images of Columbia University (UNI required). On each page is a contact link. Some images have restricted use, but most are available for Columbia University publications and websites.
- Digital Photography
- $175 per hour, billed in one-hour increments, with a one-hour minimum
- $125 per photo disc; $50 per additional disc
- Download the Photo Request Form (pdf)
- Photoshop Services (upon request)
- $100 per hour
- Stock File Photographs
- Visit https://www1.columbia.edu/sec/cu/publications/images (UNI required)
- $30 per image (unlimited use)
- Rates vary depending on type and material selected
- Rush Charges
- Normal turn-around is 48 hours for a disk or Dropbox services. For delivery within 24 hours, rush charges of $75 for a complete shoot or $50 for 20 images will apply.
All services are billed directly to your departmental account. If off campus, invoice will be mailed.
A cancellation fee of $175 will be charged for any events cancelled within 24 hours of the event, except in the case of full-day shoots, which will be charged a half-day rate.
All requests should be made by email to email@example.com. After the transaction is discussed, please send an email to the University Photographer outlining the details. This email will serve as the order form.
All photographic material becomes the property of Columbia University and is accessible to you, at your request, at any time.