Notable Speakers and Remarkable Graduates Highlight 2011 University Commencement
- Lisa Phillips Davis, 1976 B.A., Barnard College
- Susan K. Feagin, 1974 B.A., School of General Studies
- Margot H. Jaffe, D.D.S., 1980 D.D.S., 1981 D.M., 1985 D.M., College of Dental Medicine
- Gertrude G. "G.G." Michelson, 1947 LL.B., Columbia Law School
- Mark Albert Momjian, 1983 B.A., Columbia College, 1986 J.D., Columbia Law School
- Daniel V. Schiavello, 1975 B.S., 1976 M.S., Engineering and Applied Science
- Neil L. Selinger, Esq., 1975 B.A., Columbia College
- Kaspar F. Speckle, 1964 M.B.A., Columbia Business School
- Jian Ni “Nina” Sun, 2001 M.I.A., School of International and Public Affairs
- Dale Chakarian Turza, 1974 M.A., Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Martha G. Welch, M.D., 1971 M.D., College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Mary Sheila S. Coronel, Toni Stabile Professor of Professional Practice in Investigative Journalism, Columbia Journalism School
- Kenneth B. Frampton, Ware Professor of Architecture, Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation
- Richard A. Korb, senior lecturer, Department of Germanic Languages
- Richard Locke, professor of professional practice in writing, School of the Arts
- Jill S. Shapiro, lecturer, Department of Ecology, Evolution and Environmental Biology
Columbia University mourns the death of Robert Belknap, professor emeritus in the Department of Slavic Languages, who died March 17. An expert in Russian literature, particularly Dostoyevsky, he also taught Literature Humanities in the Core Curriculum for 50 years and influenced generations of Columbia students. For more information, please visit this page.
Mary Bassett, associate professor of clinical epidemiology at the Mailman School of Public Health, was named New York City’s commissioner of health.
University Professor Ronald Breslow won the 2014 American Institute of Chemists Gold Medal, the AIC’s highest award.